How to cook the lentils in the Instant Pot:
- Cook the lentils in the instant pot.
- Add 1 to 1 3/4 mixture Lentils and water. So for 1 cups of lentils, add 1 3/4 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 6-10 minutes. 10 minutes will yield softest lentils.
- Release Pressure.
- Turn off Instant pot, set to “Saute” on low
- Add 1 pack of taco seasoning to each pound of lentils (3lb = 3 packs)
- Let simmer down and cover
To prepare the burritos:
- In a large tortilla add 36ml (2.5 tbsp) of greek yogurt or sour cream
- Coat bottom of tortilla
- Add 1/2 C of lentils
- Add 1.5 tbsp of fiesta blend cheese
- Add shredded lettuce
- Add 2.5 tbsp pace chunky salsa
- Roll burrito (see video)
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat (let pan get hot)
- Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil to pan (spread thin)
- Put Burrito flap-side down for 45 seconds.
- Flip burrito to toast other side.
Remove Burrito and serve.
Important: How to Roll A Burrito
In the future, I’ll probably change this recipe to add rice, potentially corn and maybe beans. But if you’re looking for something that tastes like meat and is simple to make, this is you.