- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add butter and work into flour w/your hands until completely incorporated and mixture resembles fine meal. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 egg white, brown sugar(or sucanat), honey and vanilla. Add this to flour mixture and stir until a sticky dough forms(Note: I found I need to add a tiny bit of water to mine).
- Turn 1/2 the dough out onto a very well floured surface and roll otu into a 10″ square. Cut into 12 rectangles and transfer to one of the baking sheets, spacing them about 1″ apart. Repeat process w/remaining dough.
- Brush graham crackers w/remaining egg white and sprinkle raw sugar over the tops(Note: I skipped this step. Next time I may try sprinkling w/a touch of cinnamon & sucanat). Bake until dark brown and fragrant, 12-14 minutes. Set aside to cool completely…they will harden sa they cool.
ADD TO LIST
- 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 T. cold butter, cut into small pieces(Note: I plan on replacing this w/2T. of Coconut Butter next time I try these)
- 2 egg whites, divided
- 6 T. dark brown sugar(Note: I substituted this with 3 T. of Sucanat. You might even be able to go to 2T)
- 2 T. Honey
- 1T. vanilla extract
- 3 T. raw or turbinado sugar(I didn't do the last step of this recipe and skipped using this).
Notes: 60 calories, 1g total fat, .5 sat fat, 5mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 11 g total carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 6g, sugar, 1g protein makes 24 crackers From the Eat Clean Diet