- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage.
- Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl; stir in milk, salt, and mustard.
- Fold bread cubes, Cheddar cheese, and sausage into egg mixture.
- Pour into a lightly greased 7×11-inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean – (about 40 minutes.)
Notes: Original recipe makes 8 servings