- Make the rice according to How to Cook White Rice, How to Cook Brown Rice, or Instant Pot Rice.
- Dice the onion. Chop the sweet potato into bite-sized chunks (do not peel). Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute 2 minutes
- Add the sweet potato and saute 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and ½ teaspoon kosher salt and saute another 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon cumin, and ¼ teaspoon cayenne.
- Add the Muir Glen tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower and sweet potato are tender.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. When the vegetables are tender, add the chickpeas and 4 cups spinach and stir for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Add another ½ teaspoon kosher salt to taste, adding additional salt if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve with brown rice.
ADD TO LIST
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 pound sweet potato (4 cups chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (5 cups chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons curry powder*
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, San Marzano if possible
- 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk*
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 ½ cups cooked)
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Brown or white rice, for serving